Thursday, May 31, 2007

Not on the road, but making progress...

I had expected to be on the road to Montana by now, but life doesn't always go as planned. Last Thursday night I ended up with an abscessed tooth and had to get an antibiotic and pain medicine called in by my dentist.

On Friday, after praying about my plans to haul a trailer and talking with a sister and a friend, I decided against hauling a trailer. Instead I decided to put all but what I absolutely need in the next six months into a storage unit. Saturday, I didn't make it to church or anywhere else as I was sick from the medicine. On Sunday, my friend Denyse came to help me pack up stuff for storage and then on Monday her and her husband, my sister Ruth and her husband, my brother JD and I loaded up my friends van and my Jeep and hauled it all to storage.

Since then, I've been working on packing up the rest of my stuff to take with me to Montana. Yesterday, it became apparent that I still have more to go than what my Jeep will hold, so I'm now looking into car carrier options or as a friend of mine suggested, a "Hitch-Haul" carrier, which sounds like it may work.

Also, my tooth is still quite sensitive and today my dentist recommended that I have it pulled. So tomorrow, I will be visiting an oral surgeon to have the tooth pulled.

What a process! I would have never guessed how hard it would be just to move. I told God yesterday, that if for any reason I misunderstood Him and He really didn't want me to move, then please stop everything now, because it would only get worse from here. But, I haven't had anything that impresses me to stop, but rather to press on...and so, that is what I will do...press on.

The new plan is now to leave Sunday morning, 6/3. This will allow me to see everyone at church before going, since last week I was sick. Also, it will allow me to see my sister Marie and her husband who are up from Tennessee this weekend. Hopefully, I will have Internet access next week and can update everyone more often.

No comments: