Monday, May 21, 2007

Final countdown

Here it is Monday evening of the final week before I leave. I'm done with the sale, but still have two refrigerators, a freezer, and a stove to get rid of! Someone did come to look at them tonight and I am praying that either him or someone else will be willing to pay at least a little money and move them on out of my house this week.

There is still so much purging and packing to do it is unreal! Thankfully, my sister Ruth offered to take a day off work and will be down to help me on Wednesday. I also have to get the transmission on the Jeep serviced and after towing a trailer tonight, there is a creaking noise in the rear of my Jeep. Doesn't thrill me, but I am hoping my mechanic friend, Charles, will be able to determine what it is and if it is anything to worry about. I tell you, when it comes to dealing with the vehicle, I SURE DO MISS MY PAPA!!! He would have already looked it all over, fixed whatever needed to be fixed, and probably even paid for the parts. This is an area of my life that remains hard to deal with. I'm not used to having to take care of my own vehicle and pay for all of the maintenance and repairs!

With being so busy this week, it's not always easy to remember to stay connected with God throughout my day, remain in His presence, but God is good. He has continued to remind me throughout the day that He is my source and all I have to do is lean on Him. God is really opening up some areas of my life that I both desire and need growth in. In the upcoming months I'll begin writing about some of what God is teaching me, but I want to write about them when I have more time to do so. This week is not that time!



No comments: