Monday, May 14, 2007

Practicing His presence in the midst of chaos...

This morning during my devotional time, I read a short paragraph in one of the books I'm reading, which really struck home with me.

Sometimes, life seems so full of pressure, there's always so much to do, that it seems difficult to "abide in Him," to "live in God's presence." And yet, just as the authors of this book remind me, "Practicing the presence of God isn't something to add to your already busy schedule. It doesn't take more of your time, it takes all of your time. It's what you do while you do whatever you're doing."

The authors go on to say, "But as you dwell in the presence of God, your life will gradually rearrange itself. You'll find that some activities don't seem appropriate anymore, or have simply gotten boring, and that without much effort they'll drop away. Other activities will take over, they will become your longing and your delight."

Lord, I pray that you'll take control of my schedule, my life, that I may do what You need me to do, live as You want me to live, and let go of what I need to let go of. May I find "rest in You alone." (Psalm 62:5)

No comments: