Saturday, May 5, 2007

Abiding in His presence...

I've been thinking and praying, over the past couple of days, about what it means to become a "Woman after God's own heart." This morning when I awoke and before getting up, I was talking to God and the first thought that came to my mind was that I need to abide in Him (Christ), relax and dwell in Him (John 15:4). This is my first step in becoming a "Woman after God's own heart."

By learning to abide and dwell in Him, thinking of and focusing on Him throughout my day, He will be able to "instruct me and lead me in the way which I should go" (Psalms 32:8); He will be able to "keep me from all evil; keep my life" (Psalms 121:7).

Lord, I pray today that I may learn to relax, abide, and dwell in You, in Your presence, Your light. May I seek Your face, Your love, Your thoughts, Your desires, and may they be planted in my heart to "energize and create in me the power and desire--both to will and to work for Your good pleasure and satisfaction and delight." (Philippians 2:13)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Congratulations on your new blog. I will be visiting it and following you out west. It just was brough to my attention that we've got to have a phone installed before I can email again. Oh well, Wendy can be out pen.