Friday, June 15, 2007

A waiting game...

Well, this seems to be the motto of my life right now, along with facing new challenges moment by moment. I never imagined that trying to relocate could be so challenging and exhausting. Those two words seem to permeate my every thought right now. My life has been consumed by this experience. Today, I feel like I might be slowly climbing out of the emotional "flood waters" that have engulfed me for the past 4-5 weeks. I actually might be able to breathe again...but as I'm learning, only time will tell.

My second interview went well this morning. I was interviewed by six people this morning! Definitely a new experience and nothing like being put on the spot. They all seemed friendly enough and they asked some good questions. I should know later today what their decision is and when they would want me to start. In a way, I would like it if they would have me start in a week. It would give me time to go home and pick up some of my most important things. Also, I could pick up my accounting books as I think I will need to refer to them often at first. It has been awhile since I've been involved in accounting to the level I would be in this position. The great part of the position is that I would be teaching and helping clients rather than doing the accounting for the actual business. This would give me a lot of variety. I also would be able to get involved in software testing and some web development!

The big issue seems to be finding a place to live if I do get this job. They don't have apartment complexes here like they do back at home. There are a few here and there, but mostly any apartments for rent are part of a larger home and even then there aren't very many. Everything in Montana seems to be "out in the middle of nowhere," including places to live, towns, and businesses.
The rooms for rent haven't seemed too promising either and I don't care to live with any weirdos. It would be nice to find someone from church that would have a room to rent, but if I could afford a place of my own, even a small place, I think I would prefer it. I found that staying with people comes with it's own issues. You have to live their way, not your own. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it later today, once I know what happens with the job. Maybe I'm just beginning to get used to living moment to moment...probably not though.

Until next update...

No comments: