Sunday, January 13, 2008

In quietness and (trusting) confidence...

A verse that has become one of my favorites now is Isaiah 30:15. "For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, In returning to Me and resting in Me you shall be saved; in quietness and in (trusting) confidence shall be your strength. And You would not." [My thoughts: Please don't let it be said of me, Lord. Please help me to quiet myself and trust in You!]

Although I had read it before, it has become really significant to me over the past couple of weeks as I've been learning to quiet myself even through stressful situations/events in my life. On New Year's weekend I received my eviction hearing notice, which of course, created some stress. I found myself waking up in the night and saying to myself, "in quietness and in (trusting) confidence shall be your strength." It is amazing how true this verse really is...I feel stronger emotionally, I'm not chaotically "running all over the place," but rather I mentally and emotionally come back to God's quietness and rest and trust that He will take care of it and help me to know and do my part. It's actually really cool!

I'm grateful that God has brought me to the to the place where I am today and I never want to go back to the mental and emotional fearful and frantic chaos that was before. It is so peaceful and restful no matter what is going on around me that I feel truly blessed!

No comments: