Thursday, July 26, 2007

At loss for words...

For the past several days I've wanted to write and yet I can't seem to actually complete a posting. Everything coming out of my mouth seems to be so negative, so lacking in faith, or just so NOT spiritual. I'm going through a really rough time right now, financially and other, and God seems so far away. But I don't want to just leave it there. I know that God isn't far away, even though it feels like it, and I want to remain strong in trusting and depending upon Him.

Whenever things are rough, I find myself turning to Psalms. David had a lot of rough times and he cries unto God in the way that I so often do. In Psalms 25, David says (starting with verse 1), "1 Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my life. 2 O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on and am confident in You; let me not be put to shame or [my hope in You] be disappointed; let not my enemies triumph over me." And then starting in verse 16 he says, "16 Lord, turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. 17 The troubles of my heart are multiplied; bring me out of my distresses. 18 Behold my affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins [of thinking and doing]."

So that's kind of where I'm at right now. I just want help and comfort from God. I want to know that He's there for me (Hebrews 13:5); I want to know that He loves me (Isaiah 43:4); and I want to know that He will help me out of my distresses (Psalms 118:5 and Psalms 121:1-2).

Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!


No comments: