Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A month later...

Well, here it is a whole month later, exactly. How time does fly no matter whether you are having fun or not!

So, what can I tell you about the past month...Well, the church I go to, Otsego SDA Church, had its 140th Anniversary Celebration on the 22nd of September, which went really well...I am now half-way through the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace course I'm taking and haven't made any progress financially, yet...my boss and one of the other girls I work with at the office went in together and bought a workout bench, a weight bar with 5# and 10# weights, and a set of 10# ankle and wrist weights for me, along with the 10# set of barbells that my boss had already given me the week before. Unbelievable! I was completely overwhelmed at their generosity and thoughtfulness. I have been using the workout bench almost every day since. There are a couple of days during the week that I end up only having time for my aerobics, but I'm trying to get to where I do both aerobics and weights six days of the week and rest on Sabbath (except for my leisure walk with some friends after potluck)...You would think with all this exercise and with cutting my calorie intake as much as I have that I would be losing weight quickly. Nope! I'll drop a few pounds and then it seems to take forever to drop down to the next weight goal. Tonight I went to the next level of the aerobics walk, in hopes that it will help me to break through the barrier.

I have been reading, of course. Currently, I'm reading the book, "Loving God with All Your Mind," by Elizabeth George. Another excellent book. This past weekend, I read the book, "When God Writes Your Love Story." That one made me cry, but it showed me how different I want my relationship to be with whomever God has chosen for me. There are days when it feels like it will never happen. Even though I technically didn't wait on God over the past almost 30 years (marriageable age) for the right one, it feels like I have been waiting for the whole almost 45 years of my life! In Proverbs 13:12 it says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire is fulfilled, it is a tree of life." Now let me tell you about hope deferred! It really does make a heart sick and I have thought of this verse often while my hopes of marrying a Godly man have been deferred. I'm glad that it also talks about what it will be like to have the desire fulfilled..."it is a tree of life," that I will be truly grateful for!

No comments: